Friday, November 21, 2008

Where's Berry?

So, the stock market keeps tanking. Another 400 point drop yesterday. The Dow only has so many 400 point drops left in it.
The Auto Execs are getting the crud kicked out of them on Capital Hill.
More houses are getting foreclosed upon.
Housing values are dropping and people are worried.
So, amidst all this, where is the President Elect?

My belief is that with just a few words, we could start turning this mess we call the US economy around. Those words, from PE Obama, would look like:
I'm going to hold off on my promise to raise taxes on the wealthy.
Instead, I'm going to suggest we cut Capital Gains taxes in half in the first 100 days of my administration.

If he says these two sentences, the stock market would start to rise again and people, most people, would start to feel more comfortable about spending the few dollars that they have.
But you and I both know he won't. What you may not know is why.
The answer is fairly simple, straightforward and, well, evil.
The answer to the question of Where's Berry or to why he won't say those two little lines listed above was given by Rahm Emanual earlier in the week. He said:
"we can't let a serious crises go to waste"
He laid out a case for using a crisis like we are in to move forward with an agenda that, under other circumstances, would never be tolerated.
No. I'm not kidding.
So, Obama is hiding out, purposefully NOT trying to settle peoples worries...purposefully NOT saying things that would start to calm fears, in order to make things WORSE so he can implement an agenda that we would never tolerate during any other circumstances.
Things like: Higher taxes on "wealthy" entrepreneurs. Nationalized Health care. The destruction of the coal industry. Increased taxes and regulation on industry. Increased influence over local education...I could go on, but I'll throw my computer out the window.

Folks...that's change we can believe it.
Don't blame me, I voted for Palin.

1 comment:

J said...

"My concern has been the atrocities there in Darfur and the relevance to me with that issue as we spoke about Africa and some of the countries there that were kind of the people succumbing to the dictators and the corruption of some collapsed governments on the continent, the relevance was Alaska’s investment in Darfur with some of our permanent fund dollars." Sarah Palin, November 10, 2008, Fox News.

And you publicly admit voting for her? Come on man!?